1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 chilli (remove seeds)
1 stalk of lemongrass
1 tsp cut ginger
Pinch of asafoetida
3/4 tsp coriander powder
1.5 tsp jeera powder
200 g full — fat coconut milk
2 tsp date paste
2 tbsp soy sauce (Bragg’s)
1/3 cup fresh cilantro and fresh basil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp himalayan salt
Juice of 1/2 lime
Zest of 1 lime
Make that sauce in advance — one day earlier!
- Cut chillies, lemongrass and ginger.
- In a sauce pan heat up the oil, then add cut spice and saute for few min. Add asafoetida, coriander, jeera and bay leaves and saute down few more min.
- Add coconut milk and dry fruits paste.
- Simmer for about 15 min.
- Cool down.
- Add soy sauce, black pepper, salt, lime juice and zest.
- Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer in a bowl, add cut cilantro and basil and refrigerate overnight.
1/2 cup brown rice + 1 tsp sesame oil
280 g firm tofu + 1 tbsp cornstarch
2 cups of veggies (baby corn/mushrooms/broccoli/sugar snap peas/bamboo shoots/sprouts/eggplant...)
- Soak rice for few hours in hot water. After that rinse it well.
- In a sauce pan heat up oil for rice. Add rice and fry it for few min, stirring all the time.
- Add 1–1.5 cups of boiled water.
- Cover and cook for about 40 min. After water is absorbed, keep it covered for another 10 min.
- Press tofu with paper towels so that you remove the water.
- Cut it, transfer in a bowl and mix with starch. Use silicone spatula.
- Bake it in a non-sticking pan in a tbsp of sesame oil. For few min on each side.
- Steam/saute veggies.
- Finally, combine the veggies, the sauce and tofu and bring to boil.
Say thanks to the provider — God/universe/nature…
Thanks and all the best. Love, LS