280 g tofu
1 tbsp cornstarch
Pinch of asafoetida
2 cups cut veggies (carrots, broccoli, bell pepper, mushrooms…)
1 cup dates
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup lemon juice
1.5 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp himalayan salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 tsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
2 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- Press tofu with paper towels to make it as dry as possible.
- Cut it on cubes.
- Put it in a bowl and carefully mix with 1 tbsp cornstarch and asafoetida.
- In a non-sticking pan add few tbsp of olive oil and fry tofu, for few min on each side until golden brown.
- In a pan in 1 tbsp olive oil stir fry veggies.
- Add in a blender dates, water, lemon juice, soy sauce, salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl mix 4 tsp cornstarch and water.
- Add that and the paste from blender in a pot, bring to boil and cook for a minute or so, until it thickens. Add lemon zest.
- Add tofu and veggies and mix.
- In a pan toast sesame seeds and add them on top.
Say thanks to provider — God/nature/universe..
Thank you and all the best. Love, LS